To provide support to families by caring for their children during out of school time in a safe, nurturing, fun and educational environment.
Belief Statement, We believe that . . .
- Children should be respected, nurtured and encouraged.
- Children should develop positive relationships when exposed to dedicated and committed staff and community.
- Children should reach their highest potential when successful partnerships with families are established.
- Children should have choice to be exposed to a variety of educational and recreational interests.
- Children should experience positive effects on their development, which leads to life long successes.
- Children who attend Kids Country programs should benefit by becoming good citizens and scholars.
Attributes of a High Quality After School Program
- Quality Staffing
- Coordinated learning with regular school day
- Linking school day staff and after school staff
- Appropriate environments; enough space and materials
- Effective partnerships with other community organizations and individuals.
- Good program evaluation
- Sharing of public and private resources
- Blending funding streams
- Strong family involvement